Hello, I’m S. I really have no idea what to say here… so here’s some random things about me:
- I’m a proud redhead and a Leo.
- I went to college for one semester, dropped out, and became a pirate. True story. I’ve sailed to 7 countries on a tall ship. Feel free to ask me about it.
- After sailing around the world, I fell in love with sustainable agriculture and started working on farms… After a while, I decided to go back to school, and I now have a degree in sociology and environmental science and am helping to start a farm at my alma mater.
- Sustainability and equity are deeply important to me.
- Once I pierced my nose with an earring. Another time, a giant sea turtle dragged me down a beach during an electrical storm. These two events are entirely unrelated.
- Despite having sailed for most of my life, I didn’t learn how to swim until I was 21.
- I’ve sailed to Bermuda, Canada, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands. I’ve done ecological fieldwork in Costa Rica and New Zealand. I’ve travelled to Spain, Italy, and the British Virgin Islands just for fun.
- I’ve sailed on Lake Michigan, the Atlantic, the North Sea, the English Channel, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- I am excellent at making silly faces (not pictured).
By the Trevi Fountain, Rome.
Hiking in the Porcupine Mountains, Michigan (UP).
Craters of the Moon, Idaho.
Treeclimbing in the Mitten State.
Exploring an abandoned citadel in Italy.
And these would be my feet, on the royal yard of the HMS Bounty (RIP) in Bermuda, Summer 2009.
This is the most extensive ‘about me’ I’ve ever written, so I really hope I didn’t scare you off. Oh, and I hope you enjoy my blog!